A Safe, Welcoming Country
Anguilla’s Response to Covid-19
The World Health Organization has declared Anguilla COVID-19 free. It’s an incredible distinction in the midst of a pandemic, and seeing that green bar across the Anguilla listing on the Worldometer fills everyone with pride.
But how to keep that status without keeping the borders closed? By exercising a lot of care with visitors and locals alike.
Visitors are required to quarantine at their island place of residence for 10 days upon arrival. Once the 10 days have elapsed, they take another COVID-19 free test, and if it is negative, they are then free to exist on Anguilla like any of the locals: mask-free, and COVID-19 free.
Imagine, after just 10 days you can spend the rest of your visit free from worries about going to restaurants – dine anywhere in Anguilla without a mask. Shop freely. Wander from beach to beach. You can easily escape from it all for a couple of weeks, or a couple of months.
It’s no wonder digital nomads are flocking to the country. The Government has created special visas for longer term visits. Find out more about them here: https://ivisitanguilla.com/escape/
How You Can Get Off the Beaten Path This Winter
The Anguilla Government’s response to the pandemic is a tiered approach. Here are the stages, as listed on their website (current as of October 1st 2020):
Stage 1: Pre-Arrival
- All persons returning to Anguilla are required to provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test conducted within 3-5 days prior to arrival date.
- All persons are required to provide insurance which covers COVID-19 medical costs and full hospitalization, doctors’ visits, prescriptions and air ambulance.
- Complete online passenger information and health screening questionnaire.
An electronic travel authorization is emailed to you if your application is successful.
Stage 2: Travel
The government requires you to follow all airline or vessel safety protocols – hand washing, sanitizing, etc.
Stage 3: Arrival
- Provide a hardcopy of your negative COVID-19 PCR test result to a port health official.
- Undergo a mandatory COVID-19 PCR test and health screening on arrival.
- Use masks during transit through ports of entry (airport and seaport) and en route to your pre-approved accommodations.
- Be transferred to your accommodations to await test results – this will be prearranged.
Stage 4: Staying in Anguilla
- Remain quarantined at your approved location for at least 10 days.
- Undergo regular health monitoring.
- Obtain a negative PCR COVID-19 test to be released from quarantine.
- The use of rental vehicles is prohibited until after persons are medically cleared by a negative PCR test result at the end of the quarantine period.
🏝️Sun, sand, snorkelling . . .
🏖️ Lounging by the pool or sea . . .
🍹 Cocktails on the rooftop terrace . . .